SODA (SODA Open Data Autonomy) Architecture is getting evolved to realize a challenging goal of building a unified framework for data and storage management. It connects the application platforms and solutions to the backend storages seamlessly, be it on prem or cloud through unified API layer. This enables the application platforms to focus to build more valuable use cases rather than worrying about managing the underlying storage backends and data management.
The key architecture tenets are:
- Application Platform agnostic
- Unified API for Data and Storage Management, which are scalable and can evolve
- The overall platform is microservice based, so as to build data solutions for different use cases and technologies
- Future ready-Unified Distributed Data Store
- Seamless vendor agnostic storage backends
As mentioned, SODA Architecture is getting refined and optimized for different application technologies, use cases, platforms and storage backends. If you have any comments and inputs, please join us.
Provides monitoring via standard interfaces to pull the statistical and health data from the infrastructure (including storage, host, ports) and a highly configurable alert management system
The Orchestration framework provides flexibility to use existing workflows or define customized workflows to get the simplified execution of tasks.
It is a reference implementation of intelligent monitoring which can utilize SODA Telemetry, exporter with Kafka (or similar) and a standard ML algorithm.