SODACON Global 2021 is our first global virtual event scheduled for the Americas, Europe, and Asia. With the strong support of our sponsors, partners and attendees, we were able to pull off an exceptional event.
SODACON2021 AT A GLANCE
At SODACON 2021 we
- Celebrated SODA Foundation’s 1st year anniversary.
- Announced Seagate Federal joining SODA Foundation.
- Announced the Open Data Framework (ODF) Jerba Release. Check out our GitHub for the key features.
- Announced collaboration with Open Infrastructure Foundation (OIF) to advance open data and storage infrastructure.
- Launched the SODA Eco Initiative with four projects: LINSTOR by LINBIT, CORTX by Seagate, OpenEBS by MayaData, and Zenko by Scality.
- Shared findings and results of the Data & Storage Trends Survey that we collaborated with The Linux Foundation.
- Sessions and panels focused on Container Storage and Data Management.
- Dedicated a SNIA track on Swordfish Storage Management, Persistent Memory, and Computational Storage.
- Dedicated a Japanese track with speakers from Toyota, Softbank, Yahoo! Japan, Fujitsu, FujiFilm, JDSF and more.
- Dedicated a Chinese track presented by Huawei, Intel, China Unicom, China Mobile, CCB Fintech, ARM, CESI and more.
SODACON2021 DAY 1 DATA AND STORAGE TRENDS…
Trends, Challenges, Use cases and more…
Day 1 we had two tracks of technology sessions, including a dedicated track by SNIA. Both these tracks were US Time Zone friendly. We had speakers from IBM, Intel, Open Infrastructure Foundation, SNIA, CNCF, Scality, SPC, LinBit, Accenture, Futurewei, Seagate, VMware, NGD Systems, ScaleFlux, Samsung, Magnition, Click2Cloud and Huawei along with key members from SODA Foundation.
Highlights of Day 1:
- Keynotes covering industry trends and technology analysis on data and storage, distributed storage, storage infrastructure modernization, multi-cloud / hybrid cloud, and importance of open ecosystem
- Key highlights of Data & Storage Trends Survey conducted by SODA Foundation along with LF Research
- Sessions covering Cloud Native Storage, Application Protection, Data Resilience, How Openstack can work with Kubernetes, CORTX, State of Kubernetes Storage, Storage Performance, and autonomous storage and memory management
- Dedicated SNIA track discussing Storage Management using Swordfish, Persistent Memory and various aspects and trends of computational storage
- SODA Foundation Latest Release Jerba Preview and Demo
- Panel Discussion on latest trends and future for Data & Storage
- SODA Foundation Ecosystem Updates
SODACON2021 DAY 2 CONTAINER STORAGE TRENDS
Is Container Storage real? Is it important?
Day 2 we had three tracks of technology sessions, including dedicated tracks for communities in Japan and China. All these tracks were EU/APAC Time Zone friendly. We had speakers from Softbank, FujiFilm, NTT Communications,
China Mobile, Toyota, Huawei, Fujitsu, Yahoo! Japan, Microsoft, Linux Founda tion, Intel, CCB Fintech, China Unicom, StorageOS, CESI, JDSF, Wipro, MayaData, Click2Cloud, XSKY, ARM, Capegemini, LinBit, Scality, Netease, H3C, GMO Pepabo, Boya Cloud, Studio Bookmark, GBE Technologies, Layer5, and university students along with key members from SODA Foundation.
Highlights of Day 2:
- Keynotes covering End Users’ perspective on data & storage trends & requirements, expectations of SODA, Data Intelligence, s3 compatible tape technologies, and more.
- End users’ views and highlights of Data & Storage Trends Survey conducted by SODA Foundation along with LF Research
- Sessions covering Cloud Native and Container storage trends & importance, Storage management with CSI, Container Object Storage Interface, Cold Storage and Archival, Hybrid Data Archival, Ceph optimization, Data Orches tration, YigFs, SPDK CSI, Heterogeneous Storages, Connected Car use case, Requirements and Future for Storage infrastructure for enterprise and more
- Dedicated tracks for Japan and China
- SODA Foundation Latest Release Jerba Preview and Demo. Key features ODF for Container Storage
- Two Panel Discussions on latest trends and future for Data & Storage
- One Panel Discussion on Cloud Native and Container Storage trends
- SODA Ecosystem updates
- Experience sharing from SODA Community contributors
We would like to thank everyone for their participation in SODACON Global 2021, and look forward to meeting everyone in future events.
Join the SODA community today and contribute to help advance innovation in open source data and storage! https://www.sodafoundation.io/join/